Advertisements
Home » Autumn Home Trends for 2018

Autumn Home Trends for 2018

I am so excited for Autumn this year and all the home décor trends and colour pallets! Why oh why have I not moved yet so I can start creating!

There’s a lot to get through and I really think the high street is really upping their game to satisfy our love for interior décor.

There is a lovely variety of colours, patterns and styles so there is sure to be one that resonates with you.

I am pleased to see contemporary grey is sticking around but paring with a soft mustard/golden yellow looks gorgeous and adds a nice twist. We have rosy pinks, blush pinks, vibrant pinks and Claret, rusts and darker neutrals. Which I find are a wonderful collection of Autumnal hues

Image courtesy of Maison De Monde Uk

Image by Moi, all items next

Blue is another colour sticking around, it’s being used a lot in furnishing, wallpaper and add a geometric twist. I have to say I do really love all the midnight blue velvet and geometrics print!

Image by Argos

Image by Argos

Image by Moi all items Next

We will also see rattan furniture sticking around, Scandi with a twist, it will be mixed more with a vintage look. If you add brass, dusky pink and grey accents to the monochrome colour palette. It’s about making the house more Hygge yes hygge is still staying it’s just become even cosier. A little bit of soft colour to warm the soul and gently infuse the room. It looks so cosy in candlelight and the glow of a fire, so it’s a way of cascading that glow around the room. Autumn is about being snuggled and cosy, the planning and routine you are setting for a prelude to winter.

Image by Maison Du Monde UK

Image all Dunelm

New age Folk is another trend coming through. This is about taking inspiration from earthy tones so rust, claret, terracotta, tan and ochre. It always makes me think of Persian rugs, Ikat patterns, fur and terracotta and brown pots, Maps as pictures. There is a lot of bobbles too on cushions and throws which I love! And if you are scared of wearing Leopard print why not bring it in as an accent home accessory. Always remember that Layering patterned, geometric rugs can add visual interest to the home, but adding this pallet and texture it increases the comfort levels. It is about being cosy but having all your travel adventure finds around you. snuggle with a nice hot drink ( maybe a mulled wine), look at your map and plan your next adventure.

Image by Moi all items Next

Image by Zara Home

The Autumn Fashion trend of checks and tartan is also coming into home furnishings and wallpaper too, I do love a bit of Tartan and I did fall in love with these chairs at the Next at home Christmas preview, how gorgeous and cosy do they look! They were super comfy!

Image by Moi, all items by Next – coming soon

Image by Moi -all items Next

Floral Trend

it’s a go big or go home style here, oversized floral wall motifs, wallpaper, cushions, and lampshades. Even in fabrics on chairs and sofas, As you will have seen the gorgeous floral chair you all loved on my Instagram from the Next at home Christmas preview. I had to add it back in here for you all!

Image by Moi – all items Next

Image JDWilliams

The key is to use these florals and then keep the rest of the look simple, but accentuate one or two key colours within the pattern.it is a very effective and striking look. Think of Fanny Cornforth the artist Dantes model and muse, flowing red locks, Jewel-toned clothes with floral backgrounds!

Which leads me into jewel tones which are a striking colour pallet if you are brave enough to introduce into your home; These colours are an infusion of intoxicating sophistication. Think Emerald, Teal, Saphire and Eggplant, balanced with Metallic or glossy finishes adding light to these dark and empowering shades. As before I mentioned the midnight blue colour coming through which would certainly be a way to tap into this. It is a dramatic look but still imparts a cosy hue to your room. Take this colour pallet onto your walls, or your fabrics, then introduce fabulous chandeliers and art deco pieces.

Image by Moi – all items Next

Image all items M&S

Image by H&M Home

Image by Debenhams

Image all Sainsburys Home

As you can see there is a lot going on this Autumn, and it’s how the high street is tapping into this trend and how well they are all doing it. There is a huge mixture so I feel what is coming through will appeal to all tastes. The envelope is being pushed; it’s not just about a dark wall anymore, we are getting braver! Have you got any DIY projects or makeovers planned for Autumn? Are you going to try any of the new trends? What Trend here is your favourite?

xoxo Louise

Advertisements

20 Comments

1. Fran
    August 29, 2018 / 12:37 pm

Loved this; great post and dangerous to my bank account x

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 3, 2018 / 9:41 am

Lol oops, sorry, glad you enjoyed it x

2. September 3, 2018 / 8:36 am

Love this post! All the inspiration I need for my new place, so into the dark/deeper colours, thinking of doing my bathroom like that!

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 3, 2018 / 9:42 am

Thanks Laura, yes go for it, will look fab! share when its complete x

3. September 3, 2018 / 11:08 am

Loved this post! So much interior design inspiration xx

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 3, 2018 / 11:58 am

Thanks Della! So happy to inspire home design! there is so many great trends and products for all budget! The high street and supermarkets are just amazing this year! xx

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 3, 2018 / 11:59 am

Thank you Shirley, I know they are all wonderful aren’t they! I clearly need to live in a castle to encompass them all! lol xx

4. September 3, 2018 / 6:55 pm

I haven’t got anything planned this autumn, but these look great. Scandi with a twist and that deep blue shade are my fave and I can’t wait to have my own place to decorate!

xx

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 3, 2018 / 7:36 pm

Thanks Diana! I know the Scandinavian with a twist looks so comforting and cosy, and the blue I just love it’s so glamorous and sultry! Play around with the space you have, just by using plants, textiles, books and throws! When you have your own space you can go wild! X

5. September 5, 2018 / 9:42 am

Autumn posts! God I love you haha. I’m here for the grey and mustard tones. I’ve been adoring it!

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 5, 2018 / 9:52 am

Lol thanks Rebecca! I do love the yellow and mustard tones! It’s so cosy x

6. September 6, 2018 / 9:10 pm

So much inspiration! I’m redoing our bedroom and living room as it’s been the same for a year now!

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 9:29 am

There is so many fabulous trends and looks at the mo, and so good that there is so many options for all budgets! Have fun doing your place up!

7. Soffy S
    September 16, 2018 / 9:48 am

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing this post lovely! I’m looking to decorate my home and make it feel cosy this season so this post couldn’t have come at a better time xx

Soffy // themumaffairs.blogspot.com

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 16, 2018 / 9:51 am

Thank you, so glad you liked it and it is of help! Do share what you do xx

8. September 16, 2018 / 11:39 am

Great post with some fabulous ideas! I’m loving the dark blues and also really have a thing for mustard tones at the moment- although not together!

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 16, 2018 / 11:43 am

Thanks Melanie, yes I really love the blue and mustard tones, definitely not together! I am also really loving Autumnal orange! It’s all about the cosy for me with a little drama!

9. September 16, 2018 / 1:06 pm

This has given me some very serious homeware lust! I’m gonna have to hit Argos to stock up on some duvets after this post.

• louloulouiseylifestyle
      Author
      September 22, 2018 / 6:53 pm

😁 glad to provide the inspo, watch out Argos x